Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NYX Round Lipsticks Review/Swatches



Hey everyone!

I just did a video about my NYX Round Lipsticks. If you haven't seen it yet, Click here!

These are great, inexpensive lipsticks, and they have a fantastic color selection. However, the finishes do not vary much, with most being either a cream finish or slightly shimmery/pearl finish. NYX does have other finishes available, though. I read recently that they are coming out with a matte line, and they have their super shimmery range as well. Because they are so creamy, the color wear is not great. You do have to reapply often, but they are so darn inexpensive, I don't mind! Also, keep in mind that these are very, very soft lipsticks. I had one break in the tube whilst I was swatching :( So be careful! I also mentioned in my review, though this may sound silly, if you are buying these in store, give them a sniff. I had a lot of trouble with my strawberry milk lipstick smelling like burnt plastic, so I always sniff before I buy if I can. These are available in store at Ulta, and of course can be purchased via NYX.com and CherryCulture.com. These may be available elsewhere in your area, of course!

Without further ado, pictures and swatches!

From left to right: Summer Love, Circe, Thalia, and Pumpkin Pie

From left to right: Snow White, Chaos, Castle, and Lala 

From left to right: Baby Pink, Harmonica, Power, and Strawberry Milk

From left to right: Narcissus, Tea Rose, Indian Pink, and Paris 

There you have it. Please let me know if you have any questions!

<3 Jessica 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the NYX lippie in Paris! I have a review of it on my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review. Very informative. I definitely want to pick up a few of these now. I subscribe to your youtube channel and saw your video review of these as well. Good video.

    I also have a blog. If you're interested, you can check it out at http://fleur-de-life.blogspot.com/

    I was totally able to relate to your stresses regarding your PhD program-- I am in a PhD program as well.

    ReplyDelete